Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Baby Olsen Gets Showered

The month of November was kind of a crazy one for this little Olsen family. You can read more about that here. But this post is about how November was pretty darn awesome too. 

On November 7, 2015 Bridget Olsen, (Lauri Olsen and Becky Olsen) hosted a dual baby shower and a bridal shower for three of us Olsen girls. We celebrated the life of Jaiden and Beckah's baby Samuel Olsen, we celebrated the coming of my baby Olsen and we also celebrated the upcoming marriage of Emily Olsen to her sweetheart Brian. It was really fun to have everyone there and to spend time with family that loves and cares about one another. 

Baby Olsen got quite a few lovely things! I was ecstatic about the cute clothes we were gifted including many outfits that had hats and those hats have EARS. I'm a sucker for hoods/hats with ears. They're just so darn cute. We also got blankets. Handmade, homemade, made with love and made for convenience. I'm pretty sure we have 30 blankets now which makes it quite nice since Baby Olsen is due in February and our apartment doesn't heat up well. So, it's giving me peace of mind to know that this little bundle of joy will be bundled in warmth.
In addition to the diapers and wipes we received we got toys, bath time necessities, including a delightful rubber duck that tells you if the water is too hot! It was a really great afternoon and I am still so very grateful, and always will be, for the gifts that we received. It helps so much to have the things that we'll need for this little guy. It means a lot when family takes the time and resources to prepare a gift for you, you know? Especially when the all you want to do is give your child the world and they help give him a piece of it. The Olsen family is so great.

Two weeks later my Mom and best friend Erin hosted a "friends" baby shower for anyone who could come. My sister Kimberly and my Mom made all the food and it was divine. Guys, mac & cheese "muffins"?? ALWAYS. They should be at every single party, ever. Erin did a fantastic job with the decor and the games. It was a fantastic shower and we got some more fantastic gifts. Books, gift cards, clothes, games, a bag for Mommy (including bath soak, nail polish chocolate etc.), bow ties, bibs, and MEALS. Yeah, a friend of mine made about 6 freezer meals for us to use when all those neighbor meals stop coming in. She pulled the meal ideas from my Pinterest board so it's awesome because I know I'll like them!

Looking back on November there was enough that could make it the worst month of the year but because of these people who made the time to come and celebrate my baby with me-and those that wished to but couldn't make it-made that month so much better. They gave November that silver lining people are always talking about. So, thank you. I'm so excited to have Baby Olsen here in just a few short weeks! 







No comments:

Post a Comment