Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Old Kentucky Home Vacation: Day 2

Woke up in Kansas City and headed out!

I have a sister who lives 15 minutes outside of St. Louis, MO so we all thought it would be fun to stop and see her and the St. Louis arch. 

On our way to St. Louis, this gem popped up!
Bahaha! I can't stop laughing about it! 
Anyway, we made it to St. Louis and met up with my sister at the Arch. 
It was a weird sensation being put into a small little "capsule" and lifted to the top of that thing. It was not exactly my favorite. It's weird. I don't have a fear of heights necessarily but I was NOT enjoying that 4.5 minute ride to the top. I wasn't strapped into a seat. And the door was glass. And I was sitting right next to it. And then, by the time we were at the top, I was having a hard time getting past the fact that if the floor just decided to fall out, it was a 630 foot drop to...cement. I still don't understand what the issue was! But I was certainly jelly legged up there. However, once we got back into the capsule thingy I was fine. What?? Yeah, let me know if you have any ideas what I was experiencing...

The infamous capsule thingy.
Teeny, tiny, wobbly seats, no seat belts. The other half of my face was portraying fear. LOTS of fear.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Julie clearly had no problem.
East side.


 West side. (There was a game going on in the stadium.)


Death side.

 There are different ways to capture the Arch. 1. Laying down. 2. Standing up. 3. Crouching.  Take your pic. (Pun intended.)



It's a selfie selfie!
Sisterita! I was really happy that we got to meet up and have a fun day!
 But the Arch isn't all we got to see. We got to see, and more importantly EAT, some mighty hot tasty butts BBQ.
Shooters in O'Fallon. Just do it. 
YUMMO. 

You can't forget about dessert! Cupcakes from Sweet Katie Bee's just around the corner from Shooters.
After filling our bellies with deliciousness and seeing my sister's and her husband's home (it's adorable by the way) we hit the road for our last leg of the trip out! Illinois to Kentucky!!

When we got to my house we were welcomed by my Mom, our dog Sammy and home made Kentucky Hot Browns, Rooibee tea, Derby Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream! So yummy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment