Friday, May 9, 2014

My Old Kentucky Home Vacation: Day 3

Downtown Louisville is probably one of my favorite places to visit. There is plenty to do and see and so many yummy places to eat. 

In planning for this day I suggested that we all go to The Louisville Slugger Museum. 
You can take a tour of the factory where all of the bats are made. It's pretty cool. You can't take pictures of the factory but there are plenty of photo ops elsewhere.
Anna's "Sword in the Stone" moment.

We saw a lot of butts on this trip...there is another story for day 4 too!

Because why not have a red gem covered limo and a mirror covered convertible?
 
This picture sums Anna up perfectly.

It's a really big bat!


Bats hanging from the ceiling! I love it.

NBD. Just Mickey Mantle's bat. Like, the real one.
 After the Slugger Museum and Factory we headed over to Flame Run (previously Glass Works...) it was pretty cool to watch these guys blow glass!
The guy with the massive amounts of hair was hilarious to watch.
Proof I was there. HEEEEY!
This is called Lampwork. It's awesome.
 We spent a lot of time watching glass being turned into so many cool things. We all finally decided that we were hungry so we headed over to 4th Street where I knew of a little restaurant. I'd never actually been to the restaurant but I'd had pizza from there before. It was slightly tricky to find but I'm sure glad we did. YUMMO.

So many delicious things to eat.
On our way back to the car we stopped and had a peek in some shops. My favorite find (aside from my Kentucky necklace that I don't have a picture of...) is probably these Hillbilly glasses. Look at those sippy cups! So fun!


It was a long but fun day downtown and we headed home to meet up with my Grandmama Bobbi. We had dinner and watched Secretariat to get us ready for the big day ahead of us.

3 comments:

  1. I watched secretariat derby weekend as well. So good and a must to prepare for the triple crown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't anyone tell me I looked like a hippie? Nevertheless, a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why didn't anyone tell me I looked like a hippie? Nevertheless, a fun day!

    ReplyDelete