Monday, August 18, 2014

We'll Have a Ball!

For most who know me or follow me on Instagram know that I like to work out. 

I've even given myself the name of "Bike Babe" because about a year ago I had tendonitis bad enough that I had to stop running and turned to biking. 

Lately, biking has only been one of the many workouts I've been doing. I really enjoy water aerobics or aqua zumba, weights, the eliptical and...

THIS.
A weighted stability ball. 
(It doesn't hurt that this Reebok ball is purple!! Love it.)

I think the reason I like this so much is because it's pretty easy to watch TV and workout, which I have done almost everyday since buying it at Target.

Not only that but it comes with a DVD with two workouts. An express 20 minute workout or a 40 minute workout for when you have the time. So, if you're me, you have no excuse to not do the 40 minute workout.

Let me just tell you that it is INTENSE!!

I thought, "Oh, it's just a ball and we're just going to be bouncing on it."

HA! HAHAHA! No.

 This ball is weighted. There is sand in the ball and, by George, if that doesn't up the ante I don't know what will. It's like doing Jillian Michaels with five pound weights strapped to your arms!! My body hurts SO GOOD after finishing a workout which mean two things: 1. Clearly I need to workout like that more because there are muscles that hurt that haven't hurt for ages and 2. It's a good workout.

I think my favorite part about this stability ball is the fact that crunches don't hurt my back. As for my favorite part of the workout? THE INSTRUCTOR!! She's pretty funny and seems really sweet. Encouraging but not forceful. It's basically an awesome 40 minutes of my day. You should try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment