Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Ready to Run

Don't worry, I'm not going to post about my running experiences every day but I AM going to be writing about it. Often. Why? Because that's what kept me going the first time I started running. 

Running is a weird experience for me. 
My lungs hate it, until about 20 minutes in. 
My feet love it until about 20 minutes after I'm finished.
My brain keeps saying "I can do this!" but my legs start to feel like jello after not too long.

Not only that but I have been on a running "hiatus" for almost a year now because of a stress fracture, followed by flair ups of tendonitis. So, I've been SO chicken pants to start running again. Getting hurt is not fun and I don't want to go through that again. Therefore, I've been avoiding running until today.

This time will be different!!

For example, today I changed some things about how I ran. 
I used the full 5 minutes of my warm up and actually warmed up instead of just jumping right on in to running. I prayed that my body would be able to handle it. I actually used my inhaler. 
I made sure I had a killer playlist. 
And I stretched when I got home. Good, LONG stretching. 

It's been about 20 minutes since I got back home and guess what?
My feet don't hurt like they usually do. They're a little tired but I did just go running to that is to be expected, I think. I also feel really good. My body is a little tired but I know that I was only able to run as well as I did this morning because I gave everything I had and I had divine help. Because I asked for it. 

I am still using my Couch to 5K app on my phone so I didn't run a full 30 minutes or anything but those minutes I was supposed to run, I ran!

So, here goes! 8 weeks of training, 3 days a week. 
Totally doable. 
And on my "off" days I'll be doing my stability ball and Jillian Michaels work outs. 

It's also the first day of Fall Semester classes! I haven't been this excited about school for a long time but this semester, I'm taking some really exciting classes! French and Italian Cinema, Food in the Home, History of Design and Architecture part 2! I'm stoked. 

So, here's to new beginnings! Happy September everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Motivating post. Just think what you'll be giving yourself (and your Neil, and everyone else) for Christmas this year. Can hardly wait to see your blog 'often'.

    ReplyDelete