Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sneaking Away

This past weekend, I surprised Neil with a weekend getaway trip to Moab/Arched National Park. 

It all started at the beginning of the month when he was feeling overwhelmed with all of the responsibilities he has. I decided that I would step in and make a relaxing vacation happen.

I set to work making phone calls to a couple people including his sister Anna. (We stayed at their lovely home in Monticello.) I made packing lists, made sure that our laundry was done, house was clean, etc. I planned and carefully avoided bringing it up. 

It. Was. Hard. 

When I'm excited about something, Neil is who I tell first! It was hard not to turn and be like, "I'm so excited to surprise you!" 

But I kept it a secret. When I finally revealed the secret, he was ecstatic. It was so much fun to see his reaction and to feel his relief that he didn't have to plan any of it. 

We headed to Monticello Friday night and spent almost all day Saturday hiking the various trails at Arches. It was so much fun that I'm thinking another surprise is due again soon. 









No comments:

Post a Comment